In dance and movement arts, the body and stamina are used as a form of artistic expression. C.A.P. offers movement arts in co-ed classes and students combine steps in the following five dance genres: liturgical, gospel, jazz, tap, and mime. As basic techniques are refined, students will fully understand this art form and athletic endeavor.
"We don’t stop dancing when we grow old…we grow old when we stop dancing”
This program stimulates creativity and intellectual growth while contributing to emotional and physical well-being. Combining basic dance skills with creative movement, theater games, visual art forms and tumbling, we will equip the student with enough training and technique that can gain them admission into a quality college dance program or dance company.
- Tap Dance
- Drill Team (Discipline & Empowerment)
- Timbrel & Tambourine Dancing
Required Materials & Attire:
- Black Leotards & Theatrical black tights (ladies)
- Black leotards and black fitted shirt (males)
- Leather ballet slippers or Black patent leather tap shoes
- CD / MP3 / Tape Player
- Hair should be neatly secured off of the neck and away from the face.